Stage Door News
Ottawa: NAC cancels all performances and events until April 5
Friday, March 13, 2020
Christopher Deacon, President and CEO of the National Arts Centre has issued the following statement:
The health and safety of our visitors, artists, and staff is of paramount importance. Due to the unprecedented pandemic of the COVID-19 coronavirus, we are cancelling all performances and events at the National Arts Centre until Sunday April 5, 2020.
This decision is the right thing to do to keep our community safe and healthy. Our audience expects nothing less of us. We take comfort in knowing that the NAC and its dedicated staff will be doing their part to help reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Rest assured we will make every effort to accommodate our patrons and artists at this difficult time.
The NAC is taking the following measures effective immediately and continuing until Sunday April 5:
- · All ticketed performances and free public events are cancelled;
- · Events booked through our Food and Beverage department (conferences, meetings) are cancelled during this period;
- · Our public spaces will remain accessible although there will be no programming;
- · The NAC’s 1 Elgin restaurant will close to the public for the duration of cancellation measures;
- · The NAC Parking garage will remain open for business;
- · All other NAC operations will continue.
Message to NAC Ticket Buyers Regarding Refunds and Exchanges
All tickets for cancelled performances will be exchanged or refunded. As we are making this important announcement, we ask ticket buyers to be patient with us. Rest assured that we will take care of all ticket buyers. Your understanding is appreciated. Please visit https://nac-cna.ca/en/tickets/exchange or call 1-844-985-2787 if you have additional questions.