Stage Door News
Toronto: Soundstreams announces its 2020/21 season
Thursday, April 2, 2020
“Next season is all about human connection through storytelling. As the world grapples with forced separations of all kinds, celebrating what brings us together matters more than ever.” – Lawrence Cherney
Now, more than ever, we need music to bring us together. Although it is difficult to think ahead to a time when our lives will be back to normal, we hope to bring you some joy and excitement by sharing what we have planned for the coming season.
We invite you to subscribe and join us as we celebrate more milestones in 2020/21!
• Steve Reich live in Toronto for an 85th birthday celebration at Koerner Hall, with special guest stars Nexus Percussion (who happens to be turning 50) and TorQ Percussion Quartet.
• A performance as part of The Royal Conservatory’s 21C Festival of the Book of Mountains and Seas by Huang Ruo, featuring the world-class sounds of Ars Nova Copenhagen and life-size puppetry from Basil Twist.
• The world’s foremost expert on the music of Arvo Pärt, Tõnu Kaljuste, conducting Pärt's beautiful Stabat Mater and a world premiere by Paul Frehner, in Choral Splendour.
• A continuation of Soundstreams’ Guest Curator series with songwriter, singer and musician Robin Dann in Quiet Time.
• A co-production with Tapestry Opera for Dragon’s Tale, a waterfront opera that will blend Eastern and Western traditions with music, opera, ritual, and sport.
• A virtuoso lineup of Toronto performers tackling works of Claude Vivier in Shiraz
• The return of last year’s sold-out Electric Messiah at the Drake underground.
Our 2020/21 Season
Choral Splendour: The Music of Pärt & Frehner – October 24, 2020
Quiet Time – November 21, 2020
Electric Messiah at the Drake Underground – December 8–10, 2020
Book of Mountains and Seas – January 22, 2021
Steve Reich Live! – April 10, 2021
Shiraz – May 4 & 5, 2021
New for Soundstreams’ 2020/21 season, purchase any four or more concerts and save 25% off regular price. With these savings, free ticket exchanges, and guaranteed great seats in the house, it’s the best and most convenient way to see our concerts.
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD OFFER!
Subscribe by May 29 and get reserved seats in the VIP section for Dragon’s Tale, our season finale with Tapestry Opera in June 2021!
Photo: © 2020 Dahlia Katz.