Stage Door News
Toronto: IRCPA hosts a Zoom conversation with the COC’s Alexander Neef on May 21
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
IRCPA, the International Resource Centre for Performing Arts, is hosting a ZOOM conversation with Alexander Neef, General Director, Canadian Opera Company, MAY 21, 2020, 3 – 4 P.M. EDT.
Mr. Neef has graciously accepted our invitation for a Zoom conversation and interview with opera journalist Joseph So, hosted by the IRCPA’s Debra Chandler, followed by a Q & A opportunity.
Alexander Neef came to the COC in 2008 from the Paris Opera, where he had been head of casting. His career has also taken him to the Salzburg Festival, Germany’s RuhrTriennale, the New York City Opera and was recently appointed artistic director of the Santa Fe Opera.
Under his leadership, the COC has risen to higher prominence on the international opera scene.
Please register in advance: Email email@example.com or call 416-362-1422 to get the Zoom link.
Bring your questions:
- Who decides which opera productions to schedule?
- What is the basis for that decision – funding or artistic considerations?
- How are casts chosen?
- Who will direct or conduct?
- Are there rules or protocol regarding requests for auditions
- How and When to request an audition?
- Do colleagues in the U.S. Europe or Asia work differently?
- What challenges are the most difficult for opera producers besides funding?
Photo: Alexander Neef.