Stage Door News
Kitchener: Green Light Arts presents “WE COULD BE” August 16-25
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
A group tries to save a beached whale… a climber wants to end the world… a woman swallows a microphone… a preacher struggles under the weight of it all… a man hopes to make you laugh… a woman celebrates...
Tied together by themes of hope and resilience, WE COULD BE is a cluster of playlets created specifically for this moment; a recognition of where we are -- and where we could be.
WE COULD BE is Green Light Arts’ first live, in-person theatrical production since the pandemic began.
Witness the Kitchener Market transform into a theatrical venue for the evening! This production is FREE to the general public as a thank you to the community for coming back to the theatre.
(THIS PLAY IS SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES)
AHMAD MEREE "OH CANADA"
CIARÁN MYERS "Whale" & "Climb, Swim, Cry, Fly"
INTISAR AWISSE “we be splendid”
NICOLE SMITH "Euphemia"
TENEILE WARREN "Preach, Boy”
Director MATT WHITE
Assistant Director EMILY RADCLIFFE
Scenic Designer GILL LESPERANCE
Lighting Designer NADIA URSACKI
Movement Coach and Producer CARIN LOWERISON
Associate Producer ANGELO FELICIANO
Stage Manager CHAD DEMBSKI
TICKETS MUST BE BOOKED IN-ADVANCE AND WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR
Have your ticket confirmation number ready when you arrive at the venue (either on your smart device or by bringing your ticket number or print-out with you).
What to Expect When You Arrive
- Staff from the Kitchener Market along with Staff from Green Light Arts will assist audience members throughout each performance and manage COVID health & safety protocols
- The Green Light Arts onsite box office will be located at the entrance of the covered outdoor market area off of Eby Street and will open 45 minutes prior to each performance
- When you arrive you will check in with box office staff and be directed to your seats
- Seating is provided by the City of Kitchener in the form of bistro tables and chairs
- We recommend bringing your own cushion to sit on
- Tables will be physically distanced from each other and each table will have hand sanitizer and be disinfected between shows
- If you reserved tickets as a group, you will be seated together
- Food & Drinks may be purchased from concession
- No outside food or drink other than water, please
- Kitchener Market washrooms will be available
- Performances are relaxed (audience members may come and go, if needed)
- Capacity for this event is 100 people as per the current Provincial COVID framework
On the day of your booked performance, before coming to the venue, you will be sent an email and asked to pre-screen yourself for symptoms of COVID-19. If you are showing any symptoms, please stay home and then seek care and COVID testing immediately. Upon arrival at the box office, you will also be verbally pre-screened by box office staff. Once admitted, all appropriate COVID-19 related protocols will be in place to ensure everyone’s health & safety. Physical distancing of patrons will be upheld at all times. Masks must be worn upon arrival and whenever patrons are moving about the space. Once seated at your spot, you may remove your mask if you like. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe!
Mon. Aug 16, 2021 | 8:00PM (PREVIEW)
Tue. Aug 17, 2021 | 8:00PM
Wed. Aug 18, 2021 | 8:00PM
Sat. Aug 21, 2021 | 9:30PM
Sun. Aug 22, 2021 | 8:00PM
Mon. Aug 23, 2021 | 8:00PM
Tue. Aug 24, 2021 | 8:00PM
Wed. Aug 25, 2021 | 8:00PM
The Kitchener Market
(outdoor covered area facing Eby Street)
300 King St E, Kitchener, ON N2G 2L3