Stage Door News
Port Dover: Tickets now on sale for the Lighthouse Festival
Monday, April 4, 2022
Today is your chance to get your hands on tickets to Lighthouse Festival's 2022 season! And what a season it's going to be.
Artistic Director Derek Ritschel has hand-picked an extraordinary playbill of Canadian comedies for you to dive into including the world premiere of The Real Sherlock Holmes, as well as a production from fan favourite Norm Foster, called Halfway There.
"It's an exciting time for all of us here at the theatre," shares Derek. "In many ways this playbill is three years in the making. The actors, designers, directors and technicians are more than ready to bring some of the best summer theatre in Canada to your front door."
We should probably mention tickets start under $40, with varying levels of subscriptions, group discounts, and even student pricing is available to let you see more shows while keeping costs down. So whether you're looking for a great night out with friends, a date night, or even a great gift to give over the summer months, look no further!
This playbill will take audiences along on five incredible stories including a romance with a country music star in Sugar Road, facing off in a real estate battle with an old farmer in Buying The Farm, meeting a lonely heart in a small town diner in Nova Scotia in Halfway There, then discovering deeply hidden family secrets in Meet My Sister and an adventure in the underbelly of Edinburgh in the world premiere of The Real Sherlock Holmes.
The season is topped off with a blockbuster live concert, Glory Days!
We can't wait to share our productions with you this summer.
HOW WE'RE KEEPING YOU SAFE AT OUR THEATRES
Lighthouse Festival is following provincial mandates and guidelines when it comes to COVID-19. We have also implemented several safety measures of our own to give patrons a worry-free experience, including the following:
• The ventilation system of the Lighthouse theatre, long bar and lobby have been equipped with UVC lights to sterilize all air that passes through it. The HVAC system is configured to regularly bring in fresh air, and the UVC lights are continuously sterilizing fresh and recycled air.
• At the Roselawn Theatre, the HVAC and air recirculation / intake units have had their filtration upgraded to MERV13 filters and are maintained at more frequent intervals.
• The lobby, box office area, bar area, theatre space and their high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected with the use of electrostatic cleaning sprayers daily; including washrooms, touchpoints, and theatre seating.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout the theatre.
• Hands-free faucets in all public bathrooms.
• Plexiglass screens at all point-of-sale locations.
• Artists will maintain a distance of 6 ft from the audience.
• Lighthouse Festival is a mask-friendly venue. While face coverings are no longer required in accordance with the latest public health regulations, they are strongly encouraged.
• Proof of vaccination is not required for entry